Thursday, October 25, 2007

Love Jones

Interestingly enough, I was compelled to send a friend a text message yesterday, asking the question "Is Love Enough?". Let me back it up a bit, and give a glimpse of the history.

Have you ever met someone that you truly felt was your soulmate, your counterpart, your everything. The love between you two is never a question, the attraction is never doubted, but yet something has managed to keep you two apart? He says physically we have been distanced by time and space. When we first met I was in college, then I quickly moved to Los Angeles. Whenever we see each other, I cant stand to be around him for more than 5 minutes because my heart melts. We used to talk every single day, and text each other pretty often as well. The first email I sent when I got to work was to him. I would sign on aim on my days off when I knew he was at work, just to talk to him. Time and space is something that can be fixed....right?

Its almost like we have become accustomed to the relationship we have, and neither of us are aspiring to make it more. We have watched each other through heartaches, heartbreaks, laugter and even shared some of our most inner secrets with each other. He has managed to be there through tough times for me, and I have suppressed my inner feelings for him in an effort to maintain a support friend relationship, while I watched him be treated like a option , rather than a priority by some lame loser that he was in a quasi-relationship with ( I am sure as he reads this, he knows exactly who im talking about, lol). So I realized that I have drowned and dismissed my feelings for him in the acceptance that it will never work. But why?

If our love is as strong as we say it is, then why? Is love not enough? I used to think he was my soulmate, GOD gift of perfection. I must admit I am a hard person to please and I have given him a hard way to go. I have caught attitudes, make smart remarks, let him down and did things he did not agree with. I began to feel a sense of inadequancy. He learned to love an imperfect person, perfectly.

So is love enough? Or are there certain people in our life who are meant to be that safety net who catches us, right before we leap off of the cliff of love into the pit of loveless? Everytime I say I am through with love....he always manages to send a message, send a smile, or make a call that lets me know that there still is a such thing called love. A end to hopelessness and of giving up.

Jai if you are reading this, know that I love you unconditionally and I am ever so grateful for the love we share, the smiles we have created and the memories that will never be forgotten. Every once in a while GOD's sends special people in our lives. Like Kanye said, "people never get the flowers while they can still smell them ". So I am taking this time to say thank you, thank you for being you, for being my freind and for keeping me from giving up on love....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well for starters I am Jai... The topic Of the good Dr.s Daily Journey. i am a blog virgin but after reading what was said i felt it a must to address all in which he did.

To have a "Love Jones" is not only a feeling deep inside your soul but it is also a state of being. Its not often that someone comes into your life that means the world to you and causes your heart to skip a beat when you have only had 2 meetings that in total may have lasted 5 mins. Someone that grab me and would not let go of my soul from day one. Hours on the phone cramps from texting even a lil phone sex.. ( sorry but its true).

To actually meet someone of a chatline where you normally just run across losers to actually find a life long friend is amazing.

My love for you is never fake and when i tell u that, i mean it from the bottom of my heart.. knowing you has shown me so much about myself. it has introduced me to a whole different culture of a gay man that i never thought i could ever deal with.. the way you have always been yourself no mattter the circumstances or who was around became something that began to admire.. your strength, courage and passion on life is something i have always envied...
its so much about you that has made me who i am that all i ever do when i think of you is smile and thank god that I met you when i did and that you became such an important part of my life...

so with all that being said and all the tears wiped away all i can say now is that i could not imagine a better person in this world to have a "Love Jones" with and for...

Love you Stink... JAI

Strength-n-Me said...

oh ok now! :)

Tranquility826 said...

ummmmmmmm...no words...

Mr. Jones said...

I love you dearly and I never got a damn post.

::shrugs cold shoulder::