Monday, October 22, 2007

Its Been A Long Time Coming...

Ok, I sincerely apologize. Its been about 10 days since I last posted. I am still here. Listening to "No One Will Do" by Mary J Blige and struggling to keep my eyes shut at work...I said let me write on my blog.

The past week has been busy with me planning my Halloween Party (which is next wed october 31). I am struggling to stay awake because I decided to travel to Washington DC last night to go to BBar and I didnt make it in my bed until 3:30. Meanwhile, I had to get up at 5:45 for work. So uhhh yea! I am pretty tired.

Whats new with me? Nothing at all. I have just been working and preparing for my party. "Thighs" hit me up two nights ago on my way to see "Why Did I Get Married?" (for the second time), making a sexual proposition to me. I declined, and I am struggling with the reason behind the decline. Was it because I was out and on my way to the movies, or did I really decline him because in my heart of all hearts I know this isnt a healthy situation?

The weirdest thing occurred last night at BBar. My ex lovers bestfriend made a pass at me. It took me aback and I was shocked. As the night went on, and the bass toned out of the speakers, the lights came up, the patrons exited....I began to examine the situation a little bit more . He confessed that he has always had his eye on me, and although him and my ex arent as close anymore, he felt now he could tell me. I was flattered, I must admit. We exchanged numbers because we were cool and just happend to lose contact. We have been texting each other all morning and although I am not 100% sure my ex would show me the same respect....the invitation to spend time with his bestfriend, get to know his bestfriend was enticing and appealing, but the heart of all hearts in me declined. So do I tell my ex? Am I just as guilty for exchanging numbers and entertaining the idea? Who does the burden of loyalty lie on?

3 comments:

That Dude Right There said...

I wouldn't say that you were in the wrong, but there are some things that just beg for drama. And talking to the best friend of an ex is one of them

Strength-n-Me said...

Grandma always said that "doubt means don't". Moreover, if you have to ask youself who the burdeon of loyalty lies upon, then it probably lies with you on some level.

Tranquility826 said...

mmmmm...lo9l..u so make me laugh everytime I read your blog..lol..but yes, don't analyze why u said 'no'..you prolly said it due to gut instinct, stick with it..if the tables were turned would you be upset w/ your ex to find out some info like that?